Chief of Party, Rwandan Health Service Delivery Activity
FHI 360 is seeking applications for a Chief of Party for an anticipated project in Rwanda, focused on improving reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health services (RMNCH) and malaria control and prevention activities. The Chief of Party (COP) will provide overall leadership and technical direction for the project, ensuring achievement of project deliverables. The COP will be the primary liaison with the funder and will manage project staff and implementing partners to ensure proper reporting, financial management, and compliance. The COP is expected to coordinate with government and other stakeholders to ensure that activities complement ongoing initiatives and adhere to country and global standards. The position will be based in Kigali and will report to the FHI 360 East Africa Regional Director. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
- Provide overall technical leadership and expertise in the development and implementation of health service delivery and demand generation strategies to improve reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) and strengthen malaria prevention and control;
- Responsible for the overall planning implementation and management of the project as well as the achievement of the goals and objectives of the project in a timely and cost-effective manner;
- Oversee team of senior technical and program management project staff and ensure clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained amongst the team members;
- Serve as the primary point of contact and collaboration for the team and in-country stakeholders, including USAID, implementation partners, Government of Rwanda partners, and other key stakeholders;
- Oversee/manage partnerships and ensure strong lines of communication and collaboration are established and maintained;
- Lead the planning of all project activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices, and donor guidelines;
- Oversee strategies and interventions to ensure excellence and accountability to beneficiaries and USAID;
- Produce and present papers at local, regional and international fora to share experiences and emerging best practices;
- Ensure financial and grants management compliance with FHI 360 and USAID rules and regulations;
- Ensure timely, high-quality, and complete submission of work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by USAID.
- Bachelor's degree or its international equivalent - knowledge/information services, communications, education, environment, health, behavioral, life/social sciences international development, human development or related field;
- Typically requires a minimum of 10 years with project management experience;
- Demonstrated experience in multi-sector project management and implementation;
- Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience;
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and national/international in scope;
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language;
- Experience operating in insecure environments;
- Experience working in a non-governmental organization (NGO).