Director, Private Sector Competitiveness
Creative Associates International
The purpose of the AgCompete project is to strengthen agriculture productivity and profitability of smallholder farmers in Nigeria. The project will be composed of three main components: design of the Agriculture Competitiveness Fund for private sector partnerships and funding to catalyze technological innovations; administration of the Agriculture Competitiveness Fund to develop private sector partnerships and provide grants; and technical assistance that directly supports, coordinates, and organizes qualifying recipients to achieve the Missions food security objectives. The project will contribute to the Mission’s overall Feed the Future strategy, which looks to improve agriculture competitiveness of smallholder farmers in Nigeria.
Reporting & Supervision:
Reporting directly to the DCOP, the Competitiveness Director will lead the project’s activities to support micro, small and medium enterprise agribusinesses participating in the Innovation Fund activities.
- Design and lead activities that build capacity of MSMEs to address relevant technical and management constraints;
- Facilitate linkages to improve access to finance, employment and business advisory services;
- Strengthens business skills and facilitates linkages along the value chains.
- Delivers technical expertise in MSME development;
- Dynamic representation of Creative before grantee MSMEs;
- Achieves component deliverables.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least a Masters’ degree in business, economics, accounting, finance or other relevant field (or, alternately, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 5 additional years of relevant experience);
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience, including experience with a Contractor or international NGO managing an office or program, in firm-level enterprise development;
- Prior relevant experience with USAID or USAID-funded projects is required;
- Experience managing projects and/or an office with culturally diverse teams;
- Prior experience in Nigeria required;
- Excellent oral and written English required.