Butuan City, Philippines
We are currently seeking a Communications Specialist for the ongoing $17 million USDA-funded project in Philippines. The goal of the program is to increase agricultural productivity and expand access to trade through local, regional and international markets. The project works in the commodities of livestock, fisheries, and horticulture and is located in Butuan City, Philippines.
In the role of Communications Specialist you will deliver an integrated communications strategy and you will be responsible for electronic and print publications, public relations, media relations, promotional events, and a range of marketing initiatives.
- In consultation with Winrock Home Office and the project COP, manage the delivery of the project communication plan and update plan as necessary;
- Prepare a weekly update by value chain to submit to the COP and Winrock Home Office. Solicit input for this update from the technical team and ensure timely delivery;
- Oversee local partners to develop extension and outreach dissemination materials such as posters, radio/TV segment scripts, and other media;
- Write, contribute and edit semi-annual reports, annual reports, fact sheets, success stories, press releases, web articles, and other communication materials. Contribute articles to USDA's success story library and other USDA dissemination sites;
- Develop of relevant webs sites (if applicable) and provide content as required. Maintain project social media accounts such as Facebook and Twitter and contribute messages to be disseminated to a large audience;
- With the technical team, develop knowledge sharing and learning dissemination messages to share with partners and stakeholders. Edit and review staff communications and reports as required;
- Ensure women and marginalized groups are beneficiaries of the project and considered when developing outreach and communication strategies and activities;
- Participate in Winrock's Home Office communications staff meetings, as applicable;
- In conjunction with technical staff, coordinate and participate in regular field visits to document project activities and results, and train staff and partners. This includes developing a photo and video database to accompany articles and document project success;
- Represent Winrock at meetings and events as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
This is a program management position requiring broad based experience and skills. The position will be based in Butuan City, Philippines.
- Well-developed writing, profession presentation and strong web-based communications skills, particularly in English, will be key to your success;
- A bachelor's degree in journalism, media, public relations, or language arts;
- A minimum of 2 years' experience working in the field of communications;
- Knowledge Ability to handle many tasks at one time and prioritize duties;
- Strong networking skills;
- Strong computer skills, must be confident in Microsoft applications, particularly MS Word and Excel; database experience preferred;
- Working knowledge of photo and video-editing software is an asset, along with photography and graphic design skills.