Senior Program Officer – Gender, Social Inclusion and Nutrition
Washington D.C., United States
- Provide design and implementation leadership in the areas of gender, social inclusion, and nutrition;
- Contribute to the assessment, design, and delivery of local public, private, and civil sector capacity building, as well as to project staff training needs across program focal areas;
- Support coordination between subnational/national government entities, communities/households, on-going programs and the private sector;
- Collaborate with program staff to promote and disseminate project learning to program staff, local counterparts, beneficiaries, and the broader development community;
- Contribute to the design of appropriate monitoring and evaluation indicators and techniques;
- Supervise and mentor any program staff in line with their terms of reference.
- Doctoral or master’s degree in nutrition, public health, agricultural and applied economics or other natural/social science, including gender studies, economics, development studies or a related field;
- At least 5 years of experience with gender equality and women’s empowerment related to nutrition;
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in the international development field managing programs of a similar size and scope. USAID program management is strongly preferred. Previous senior management experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment, food security, and/or nutrition is also required;
- Familiarity with USAID Nutrition or other similar donor-supported food security programming;
- Experience managing required programmatic and financial reporting requirements;
- Significant experience in conducting gender and inclusion analyses, and using the analyses to inform program design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience with using operational research for evidence-based program design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation.