Deputy Chief of Party - Health Services Delivery
SUMMARY OF ROLE
IntraHealth seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an upcoming USAID Rwandan Health Service Delivery Activity (RSDA) tender. The purpose of RSDA is to improve the health of Rwandan families through the delivery of high quality integrated family health services (e.g., maternal, newborn, and child health and also family planning and malaria), strengthening of the public and private sector to deliver these services, and by creating demand for high quality services. The DCOP provides technical leadership to assure clinical excellence and innovative approaches to building highly skilled and functioning public and private health workers ready to offer quality MNCH, family planning, and malaria services in Rwanda. The DCOP supports the Chief of Party (COP) in providing technical program leadership in the development, management and project implementation that leads to desired project results. In the absence of the COP, the DCOP will assume overall responsibility for the project. The DCOP will take the lead in coordinating program development, implementation, and reporting, and will work very closely with the Intermediate Results (IR) Leaders overseeing the project’s major components, and other program staff to ensure results and synergy in the development and implementation of the project. The DCOP reports to the COP.
- Provides leadership in health systems strengthening and oversees the strategy and implementation of the MNCH, family planning and malaria components of the program;
- Provides leadership in state-of –the-art service delivery approaches;
- Supervises Team Leads and facilitate achievement of their program objectives and targets with technical backstopping and support;
- Initiates and facilitates regular technical meetings to review program implementation, and identify measures to overcome implementation bottlenecks and enhance the quality of deliverables;
- Accounts to the COP on the delivery of strategic program objectives, with regular reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
- Leads documentation and sharing of knowledge and emerging practices from the program internally within IntraHealth and externally with the wider stakeholder audience;
- Ensures daily operations of overall program implementation activities are on schedule and that reports, new plans and budgets are prepared with sufficient lead time to get the necessary approvals;
- Works with the COP to provide technical and administrative support in all aspects of the project and carries out any duties that may be assigned by the COP;
- Oversees and represents the project in the absence of the COP.
- Master’s degree in international health, social sciences, health, or related discipline and at least 8 years relevant professional experience;
- Preferred experience with USAID-funded projects;
- Significant experience and expertise in MNCH and Family Planning/Reproductive Health service delivery programs;
- Significant knowledge and experience working with the Ministry of Health in Rwanda;
- Proven ability to direct and manage a team and to work with partners, USAID, and headquarters staff;
- Demonstrated experience overseeing development of activity budgets, managing activity costs, and monitoring program spending against budget in an accurate and timely manner;
- Proven ability to manage confidential matters discreetly and with the trust and confidence of colleagues and clients including USAID and Ministry of Health;
- Demonstrated diplomatic and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a complex and changing environment with all levels of stakeholders;
- Proven customer service (client-focused) management skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda;
- Computer literacy in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
- Willingness to travel 25% within the country and internationally on occasion.