Civil Society Specialist
The Civil Society Specialist will be responsible for the implementation of many of the field activities. This key position will work directly with partner organizations including Intermediate Service Organizations (ISOs) and civil society organizations (CSOs), execute the various activities and mechanisms for capacity building services.
- Provides technical leadership to those designing, and implementing technical strategies, programs or tools in specific technical areas;
- Provides technical advice based upon expertise and knowledge of evidence - based methods and strategies, current practice, and established operational and research standards to ensure quality and rigorous design;
- Builds capacity in country-level, regional or global program staff;
- Assesses current technical, scientific, managerial and operational efficiencies at the program, regional, or global levels as appropriate;
- Provides guidance to ensure that program implementation adheres to appropriate technical standards and guidelines and that programs are technically sound.
- May evaluate proposal design and protocol development to en sure design is sound and based upon evidence - based practice;
- Provides global scientific leadership by staying current of evolving technical standards, guidelines, and program developments in area of expertise;
- Responsible for sharing best practices in their field of expertise and contribute to the knowledge base through participation in scientific forums and technical networks;
- Shares new knowledge/evidence and best practices through collaboration with relevant departments and personnel;
- May be required to coordinate and work with a diverse group of organizations, such as; the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (MOHSW), district health staff, several international and national development partner organizations, and the USAID mission in order to complete work;
- With technical oversight, provide technical leadership in design, development, planning, implementation; and capacity- building of specific technical components of programs;
- Participate in resource development activities;
- Responsible for accomplishing assigned job responsibilities, and following the standards and practices of the department and division;
- Responsible for planning and scheduling own work flow and timetables, within area and function guidelines;
- Identifies areas for improved efficiency or effectiveness within prescribed parameters, and institutes enhancements to procedures;
- Maintains a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners;
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations, relevant government agencies, bilateral and other NGOs;
- Develops tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components;
- Ensures that project implementation adheres to the appropriate global strategy and remains technically sound;
- May serve as a departmental resource on procedural, administrative and operational issues.
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent - Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field;
- 5-8 Years of relevant experience in management of large projects and/or programs;
- Has ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities;
- Proficient writing and verbal communication skills;
- Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office);
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English and Spanish.