Project Manager I
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Project Manager for an anticipated project that aims to create employment opportunities by supporting an increase in Tunisian handicraft exports. The Project Manager will be responsible for needs assessments, planning and development of activities and joint ventures with partners/technical institutes in the project. Additionally, he/she will also be responsible for developing and implementing management processes and resource allocation that ensures cost-effective and efficient delivery. The position will be based in Tunis, Tunisia and is contingent upon receiving award.
- Provide technical oversight for the development of annual and life of project work plans, planning and allocation of project resources, and timely completion of deliverables;
- Provide technical leadership to assessments, planning, and implementation of activities;
- Supervise a technical team providing training, technical assistance, and market facilitation services;
- Develop joint ventures with partners or other stakeholders;
- Ensure gender inclusiveness in program design and implementation;
- Serve as the primary project liaison between the project and home office (HQ) support units, promoting positive and constructive working relationships;
- Ensure alignment between the project implementation plan and budget, providing guidance for revisions/realignment, as needed;
- Manage subawards and serve as liaison with technical implementation partners;
- Identify, develop, and maintain strong relationships and coordination with USAID and other external partners whose support is vital to the success of the project.
- Develop strategies and tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components.
- Bachelor’s Degree required and Graduate degree preferred in economics or a related field;
- 4+ years of experience managing economic development or similar projects;
- Technical proficiency and experience in handicraft and capacity building, especially in-service training, planning and development of training activities, joint ventures with partners, and tracking and management of the interventions;
- Strong understanding of gender inclusiveness issues and program challenges;
- Successful record managing donor funded activities, including setting realistic priorities, implementing activities, and monitoring project budgets;
- Familiarity with US government/USAID rules and regulations, including project compliance;
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills. Fluent in English, Arabic and French.