Senior Program Manager – Advancing Women’s Empowerment, Agriculture and Food Security
Washington, D.C., United States
- Oversee the completion of all technical requirements, including program results and deliverables, in accordance with the approved program work plan;
- Translate program goals and objectives into implementable strategies and plans with all pertinent Banyan Global staff. Regularly review and update strategies and plans with all team members;
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with USAID, project partners, and key stakeholders. Serve as the primary liaison among all project stakeholders;
- Respond to all donor reporting requirements, including quarterly and annual program reports, and other deliverables, as specified in the contract;
- Represent the program at meetings with donors and other key stakeholders;
- Manage the program’s operational, financial, and administrative planning and budgeting processes in partnership with Banyan Global financial management staff.
- Supervise and mentor program staff in line with terms of reference.
- Doctoral or master’s degree in agricultural and applied economics or other social science, including gender studies, economics, development studies or a related field;
- At least 5 years of experience with gender equality and women’s empowerment related to food security and agriculture;
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in the international development field managing programs of a similar size and scope. USAID program management is strongly preferred. Previous senior management experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment, food security, and/or nutrition is also required;
- Demonstrated experience working on food security and agriculture programming, in particular in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Familiarity with USAID Feed the Future or other similar donor-supported food security programming;
- Demonstrated representational skills in fostering relationships with partner governments, donors and national and international NGOs and partners;
- Experience managing required programmatic and financial reporting requirements;
- Experience with using M&E as a program design tool;
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated leadership skills in recruiting, developing, and managing staff and teams.
- Fluency in French is a plus.