Manager, Educational Partnerships
Toronto, ON, Canada
WE seeks a Manager of Educational Partnerships to join our WE Schools Department, which develops and implements unique programming to engage youth in service learning, developing leadership skills, and taking action both locally and internationally. We seek to support WE’s sustainable community development work overseas.
The role of the Educational Partnerships Manager is to support the management of high profile partnerships with school districts and educational institutions across Canada and the United States. The Partnership Manager will serve as the key point of contact and will manage all day-to-day communication with the goals of: (1) retaining existing partners; (2) deepening relations to increase market saturation; and (3) increasing the number of educational partners in the region. The role includes significant monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the partnerships.
Our work environment appeals to self-directed, flexible team players who have great interpersonal skills, learn quickly, and have passion and commitment to bringing global issues, service-learning as well as fundraising and awareness raising programs to the classrooms in a way that's accessible and engaging for students.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
The position is based out of WE’s International office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street).
- Support the department Director(s), regional office Director(s) and Associate Director of Educational Partnerships by managing day-to-day operations and communications with high profile relationships with school districts, Ministries of Education, and educational partners within Canada and the United States;
- Work with department Director(s) and Associate Director of Educational Partnerships to ensure educational partnership priorities are aligned with department priorities in order to facilitate delivery of the programming, and meet and exceed annual goals them where possible;
- Ensure partnerships and programs are in the optimum position to seek further funding.
- Provide support as needed to the department Director(s) and Associate Director(s) to acquire new educational partners. This includes the development of proposals and presentations which describe the value of the WE Schools programming;
- Identify and foster new partnerships in collaboration with the Head of Partnerships and Director team;
- Develop new partnership leads through proactive networking at conferences, WE Days, and special events;
- Develop and implement plans to expand and/or deepen our involvement with partners, for example by seeking out new opportunities to secure other resources made available by our partners.
Relationship Management and Communication:
- Serve as the main contact for educational partners working with WE through formal and informal communication; seek to understand school district priorities and align with the objectives of the educational partnerships team;
- Represent WE’s priorities and perspectives when working with partners and external stakeholders;
- Increasing revenue and/or market share for WE in schools across Canada and the United States through increasing the number of schools involved and identifying new opportunities for exposure of WE;
- Attend meetings with partners as required.
Partnership Program Delivery:
- Project manage programs that are funded by educational partners as they arise (ie: School district wide initiative);
- Work with internal teams to ensure WE’s programs are developed, implemented and delivered according to existing agreements;
- Develop and monitor effective and efficient administrative systems dealing with partnerships to make best use of organizational resources.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting:
- Work with department managers to develop systems for collection of data for performance monitoring;
- Produce regular updates and formal reports for partners to demonstrate the impact of their support;
- Provide regular reports to department Director(s), and the Executive Director on the status and development of partnership activities.
Day-to-day Department Operations:
- Attend and contribute to department management meetings;
- Collaborate with other members of the Youth and Educational Programming team to effectively deliver organizational priorities;
- Participate in WE Day events by helping to manage or coordinate aspects of the event;
- Use Salesforce to track and monitor division participation in WE programming.
Internal Reporting and relationships:
- The Educational Partnership Manager will report to the Associate Director of Educational Partnerships and the department Director(s);
- The Manager and will work closely with other managers within the department to ensure collaborative efforts drive desired results.
What you bring:
- University/college degree/diploma;
- Experience with sales with high level of relationship management skills;
- Highly developed written, oral communication, negotiation, and presentation skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including building effective relationships, positive interaction and effective problem-solving;
- Passion and commitment to bringing global issues and the spirit of volunteerism the classrooms in a way that's accessible and engaging for students;
- Able to serve as an ambassador for WE with partners;
- Able to multi-task, work efficiently and effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment;
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating;
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities;
- Proven ability to prepare reports; Experience managing project/program development and implementation including monitoring and delivering outcomes within an agreed schedule and according to quality standards;
- Possesses strong interpersonal and problem solving skills, particularly when faced with challenges;
- Able to analyze and adjust work procedures for maximum efficiency;
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
- Poses the creativity and courage to challenge conventional practices and develop innovative strategies;
- Is consistent, dependable and accurate in carrying out responsibilities;
- Proficient use of MS Office program and experience with database management;
- Able to travel in Canada and the US and to work on weekends as required.