Senior Leadership Positions
Chemonics seeks senior-level experts for a multiyear USAID health initiative for the prevention of mosquito-borne diseases, including malaria and Zika. The experts will support planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating critical vector control activities in Africa, particularly focus countries of the President's Malaria Initiative. We are looking for individuals who have passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Responsibilities may include:
- Provide overall project leadership, management, and technical direction;
- Serve as a key liaison with USAID, country governments, project stakeholders, and counterparts in the public and private sectors;
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel and subcontractors;
- Ensure all project assistance is technically sound and appropriate;
- Collaboratively create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision;
- Oversee project work planning, performance management, and strategic communications;
- Oversee project financial management, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting;
- Provide support for data-driven decision-making and guidance to inform strategic deployment of vector control interventions for mosquito-borne diseases;
- Design and implement monitoring and evaluation frameworks and information systems to track progress, outcomes, and impacts.
- Master’s degree or higher in public health, vector control, entomology, epidemiology, monitoring and evaluation, environmental management, procurement, or other relevant field;
- Minimum 10 years of senior-level experience designing, implementing, and managing malaria and health projects, preferably in Africa; USAID experience strongly preferred;
- Minimum nine years of experience designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation frameworks and systems for USAID or other donor-funded health projects in Africa;
- Proven success in managing vector control activities, with strong technical knowledge of the prevention of mosquito-borne diseases;
- Minimum five years of experience in designing and implementing vector control programs; indoor residual spraying experience strongly preferred;
- Minimum seven years of experience building the capacity of local organizations, government ministries, and the public sector in Africa;
- Demonstrated experience interacting with country-level ministries of health;
- Strong knowledge of U.S. government environmental regulations and appropriate use of insecticides;
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management of large international projects;
- Minimum years of experience with USAID or other donor-funded health, logistics, and/or supply chain management projects in Africa;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Familiarity with compliance to Federal Acquisition Regulations.