International Development Officer
ISC - Institute for Sustainable Communities
Montpelier, VT or Washington, DC, United States
This position will be located in Montpelier, VT or Washington, DC based on candidate’s preference. Position will support efforts in China, India and Bangladesh.
- Prepare grant proposals and reports in concert with program leaders;
- Maintain communication with current and previous funders;
- Managing processes for timely and accurate reporting to funders;
- Maintain high quality funder and proposal information in Salesforce (CRM database) and reconcile periodically with ISC’s Finance team.
- Conduct ongoing research for available resources from private foundations and corporations, and monitor various publications and websites for requests for proposals and other funding opportunities;
- Gather and regularly update colleagues on the criteria/goals/priorities of current and potential funders;
- Manage strategies to approach potential funders;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field;
- Three to five years demonstrated successful experience and effectiveness in corporate and foundation fundraising including research, relationship building, grant writing, and budgets;
- Experience working in a multicultural environment;
- Language and cultural experience in Asia a plus;
- Understanding and appreciation of ISC’s mission and the capacity to project the unique aims and values of the organization to prospective donors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Computer proficiency, including use of fundraising database management systems (Salesforce preferred);
- Superior writing and editing skills and verbal communication;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Detail oriented with strong follow through;
- Strong initiative and self-motivation;
- Ability to relate to persons of all ages and diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities;
- Ability to present self in a personable, professional, and energetic manner;
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel as needed.