Program Officer, Voice
Communication and Representation:
- Coordinate the implementation of the Voice programme in the country in liaison with the Programme Manager, Hivos based in Nairobi. In close coordination with Regional Director and Country Management Team represent the Voice programme in the country vis à vis country stakeholders;
- Coordinate the communities of stakeholders in the country and also create synergy with the the linking and learning focal point person in the country/regional teams;
- Coordinate and lead on pro-active and innovative outreach to the target groups for the Voice programme and coordinate the dissemination of information about the calls for proposals to them;
- Launch and assess open country proposal calls and assess proposals with support from Voice global coordination team and others, guaranteeing application of Voice grant making criteria, principles and processes;
- Regular communication with the Voice Coordination Team in particular the Programme Manager and the Global Voice Grants Coordinator;
- Grant Management and Partner Support;
- Support organisation of Voice programme events and activities;
- Provide technical support as needed to potential grantees in the formulation of grant applications;
- Mentor and provide technical assistance to grantees in the implementation of projects on and as needed;
- Support capacity development and empowerment approaches;
- Coordinate and support in-country grants team in carrying out programme and accountability assessments;
- Ensure effective post contract grant management including collection and assessment of reports, follow up, communication with and monitoring grantees on the ground; ensure scheduled payments to grantees, and liaise with finance officer to ensure seamless grantee management and communication;
- Manage, review and make recommendations to change as needed to ensure that grant processes are in line with Voice needs and promote effective grant making.
Compliance and Reporting
- Process and monitor information on grant allocation in the administrative system;
- Responsible for country level reporting on the Voice programme (grant portfolio reporting, data collection and learning, time writing);
- Develop and prepare operational reports for grant management at national and global level;
- Administer Voice policies and procedures in accordance with country and organisational guidelines;
- Track Voice grant compliance and bring instances of non-compliance to the attention of the Country Director and Voice Coordination Team;
- Support grants and financial data reconciliation and preparation for reports, audits and other Voice reporting as needed;
- Monitor regulations and their effect on grant making.
- 5 years experience with large scale grant management;
- Excellent knowledge of LGBT and feminist/women’s empowerment actors and issues in Kenya;
- Knowledge of and affinity with social inclusion, marginalisation, lobby & advocacy;
- Knowledge of applicable country/national regulations;
- Relevant Academic background (MA level) or similar;
- Excellent written and verbal English;
- Administrative project management skills;
- Excellent ICT skills (Microsoft Office and database);
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills;
- Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritise multiple projects;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments;
- Ability to analyse budgetary line items for compliance with budget guidelines.
- Knowledge of grant management (desired).
Don't forget to mention IntJobs when applying.