Consultant to Support Curriculum Development in Knowledge Management
UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
GSSCPD is seeking to contract a Consultant to support the process of curriculum development in Knowledge Management through the design of conceptual framework and provision of technical guidance to the curriculum development process for high schools where knowledge management is integrated. This activity will directly support the efforts coordinated by the Knowledge Economy Center under the GSSCPD with Ministry of Education.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Secretary General at GSSCPD, with close coordination with the ICDI/KNDP Project Management Team, and with direct consultation with the Knowledge Economy Specialist, the Curriculum Development Consultant will undertake the following tasks:
- Develop rigorous analysis of other countries’ experiences and research in relation to integrating knowledge economy and knowledge management to education programs in public schools, particularly secondary schools (age group 16-18);
- Bring onboard best practices and international experience in the design of curriculum for high school classes;
- Continuously liaise with Knowledge Economy Specialist to have the input from different national stakeholders and review all relevant reports and documents provided by the curricula developed to get a better understanding of the status, challenges and bottlenecks;
- Conduct an initial diagnosis of the education system in Kuwait about innovation, information technology, and knowledge management related curriculum and teaching methods;
- Provide technical advice to the Knowledge Economy Specialist to enable swift adaptation of the new curriculum based on the assessment conducted; identify gaps, and suggest actions to bridge them;
- Draft conceptual and content framework with a clear roadmap to guide the Knowledge Economy Specialist in the design of the content of the curriculum for Knowledge Management for high school classes;
- Incorporate the recommendations and comments from Knowledge Economy Specialist into the draft conceptual and content framework, and present it for final approval;
- In consultation with the Knowledge Economy Specialist, review developed curriculum vis-à-vis the approved draft conceptual and content framework and submit a final report with comments and recommendations to finalize the developed curriculum. This would also include recommendations on what is required to implement the curriculum in terms of labs, equipment, software and materials;
- Organize a Training of Trainer (TOT) workshop for Ministry of Education to enable a smooth transition of the new curriculum;
- Provide hands-on training and knowledge transfer to staff working at the Knowledge Economy Center by engaging them with all the tasks related to the project.
- Reliably delivers on promises and honours commitments, holding himself/herself accountable for actions taken;
- Gains cooperation from others through understanding of the political and organizational culture;
- Works collaboratively with team members sharing information openly and displaying cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Synthesizes multiple/complex messages, identifies appropriate key points for different audiences and communicates concepts in a manner that influences the perceptions/behaviours of others;
- Expresses own point of view in a neutral manner rather than in an argumentative tone, avoiding unproductive conflict.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise:
- Understands more advanced aspects of social development as well as the fundamental concepts of related disciplines;
- Continues to seek new and improved methods and systems for social planning;
- Keeps abreast of new developments in area of public policy development and international organisations and seeks to develop him/herself professionally.
Required Skills and Experience:
- PhD in Education, Curriculum Development/Studies, or any related field.
Years of experience:
- Minimum 7 years of experience in applied development of education programs, and/or curriculum development and design;
- Proven ability to draft papers and assessments, reports and publications on Curriculum Development and/or Education;
- Previous Experience in Curriculum development for Knowledge Management is a high advantage;
- Excellent communication, drafting, presentation and reporting skills;
- Proven oral and written communication skills;
- Fluency in English or Arabic.