Deputy Head of Programming, Guinea
CRS - Catholic Relief Services
Growth in programs
- Complement the HOP in providing strategic direction for the design of CP strategic frameworks and plans, including resource mobilization strategies to optimize the impact of programming interventions in line with regional and agency strategic priorities;
- Contribute where needed in the business development cycle to ensure quality proposals per agency and donor standards;
- Lead where appropriate and contribute to high-quality project design incorporating project management standards and MEAL methods, appropriate to scope, context and technical requirements of projects.
Program Quality and MEAL
- Coordinate planning of activities for particular projects to ensure integration of program interventions and efficiency in implementation;
- Contribute to creating and maintaining the proper conditions for learning. Help establish a safe environment for the sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to small deficiencies. Promote accountability, learning and knowledge management as part of the implementation of the MEAL policy;
- Coordinate the identification, assessment and strengthening of appropriate partnerships and the appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches;
- Coordinate technical assistance and capacity strengthening for project teams and partners in project management standards and related MEAL, business development and operational activities. Help identify training opportunities, develop training curriculums and deliver trainings.
- Coordinate with CP operations staff to ensure appropriate project budgeting and efficient use and stewardship of project resources;
- Ensures that Programming staff under his/her supervision are well-equipped to properly manage their budgets;
Supervision and staff development
- Directly supervises 2 to 3 staff;
- Orients new staff to CRS values, culture, tools and processes;
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance assessment for direct reports.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Master's Degree in International Development, International Relations or relevant field;
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a program management position with progressive responsibilities for an international NGO;
- Good experience in project grants management, including project design, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, etc., preferably for projects funded by multiple public donors, including USAID;
- Experience with successful business development activities capturing public and/or private donor funding;
- Excellent English writing skills;
- Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Experience working with Church partners a plus;
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment;
- Some experience and abilities in capacity strengthening - developing curricula and facilitating trainings;
- Experience using MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, and knowledge sharing networks.
- Strong strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions;
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship;
- Team leadership abilities;
- Presentation and facilitation skills;
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented.
Required/Desired Foreign Language
- French, and good written and spoken English is preferable.
- Dependent on program needs, but between 25%-40% in the interior of the Country
Key Working Relationships:
- Supervisory: PM CMM, PM OMVS;
- Internal: HOP, CR, Hoops, Operations team, finance team, admin team;
- External: Donors, Partner Organizations and WARO regional team.
Don't forget to mention IntJobs when applying.