Civil Society Capacity and Advocacy Specialist
The Civil Society Capacity and Advocacy Specialist will be responsible for effective and meaningful capacity building of civil society organizations (CSOs) with a focus on their institutional/organizational and technical/programmatic capacities. S/he will develop and implement advocacy strategies around youth civic engagement issues. The Civil Society Capacity and Advocacy specialist will provide youth CSO partners with technical assistance to develop, implement and monitor their advocacy activities.
- Provide technical leadership in design, development, planning, implementation; and capacity-building of specific technical components of the program;
- Maintain a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with counterparts and technical staff of grantees;
- Develop tools for the design and implementation of technical strategies and program components;
- Ensure that project implementation adheres to the appropriate Strengthening Civil Society Globally strategy and remains technically sound;
- Influence design and scope of technical initiatives and programs;
- Review, analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of programs/projects and make recommendations for enhancements;
- Represent the organization to external entities at professional meetings and conferences;
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations, relevant government agencies, bilateral and other NGOs;
- Establishes, serves and maintains partnerships with internal and external stakeholders on project matters;
- Provide leadership to the project team, ensuring clarity over plans and priorities, encouraging effective team-work.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience in Haiti or in other countries in the region;
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (youth development, civil society, youth education, international development, project management) required;
- Practical experience in policy analysis, policy influence, advocacy, networking, CSO strengthening, governance and capacity building;
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures in international development program management;
- Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures;
- Experience recruiting, forming, and successfully managing teams and ensuring the quality of their products;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and French required.