Regional Security and Safety Advisor (African Region)
Bukavu, Democratic Republic of Congo
- Coordinate and guide the efforts of Country Safety and Security Advisors/ Focal Points within your region of responsibility to operationalize safety and security management;
- In close collaboration with Regional leadership and Country Management Teams you will implement and maintain proper standards on security related planning, mitigation and reporting in line with War Child’s Global policies;
- In addition to the regional tasks the initial posting will mainly be focused on providing support and advice to our DR Congo mission.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing/ advising on security and safety matters with (I)NGOs, International Organizations or UN agencies in emergency response settings;
- Fluent in French and English (verbal and written);
- Advanced Training certificate in first aid, security, emergency response, logistics and/ or related field;
- Hands-on knowledge of security and safety gadgets and equipment (use and maintenance);
- Proven understanding of humanitarian and human rights principles and frameworks;
- Strong analytical skills and sound judgment, with the ability to meaningfully synthesize diverse and complex information from a wide range of sources and to develop clear and actionable recommendations based on that information;
- Strong skills in documentation and filing, written reporting, and the elaboration of work-related documents (SOPs, strategies etc.)
- Ability to set up or adapt viable security systems and frameworks in a context of unpredictable or rapidly evolving threats;
- Track record in successfully building the capacity of multi-disciplinary teams in multi-cultural settings;
- Able to effectively (remote) manage security staff and coach them to achieve their set KPI’s;
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote field sites.
Don't forget to mention IntJobs when applying.