Director of Communications - Creating Economic/Employment Opportunitity
Project Overview and Role
Palladium seeks a Director of Communications for the anticipated USAID-funded Jordan Creating Economic and Employment Opportunities through Partnerships (CEEO). The goal of CEEO is to create a competitive, demand-driven workforce development system that leads to increased private sector employment, especially for women, youth and vulnerable groups. The focus will be on establishing partnerships with the private sector, working with various educational institutions, and alignment with the Jordan Compact workforce priorities. Two key areas of the project will be:
- Promoting economic opportunities with high strong employment generation potential;
- Promoting business partnerships related to investment and job creation.
- Oversees communications for project activities, and represents the project to USAID, stakeholders and public;
- Develops and drives project's communications strategy and messages, as well as pitch strategies;
- Manages internal communications and external media relations; makes sure the project is implemented according to USAID branding and marking strategy/plan
- Develops compliant reports and publications such as project deliverables, newsletters, press releases, email announcements, planned publications, on-line, intranet, video, special projects and assignments;
- Trains project staff in implementing compliant project communications strategy.
- Advanced degree in public relations, communications, or related field, or a Bachelor's degree with more than 10 years of experience in public relations, communications or a related field can be substituted for an advanced degree;
- Prior experience in communications for donor funded projects; USAID experience is a plus;
- Strong writing and public speaking skills;
- Fluency in Arabic and English required.