Consultant (m/f) TVET and Employment
for our Education, Skills and Employment (ESE) Department
GFA Consulting Group
Application by: 30 Jun, 2017
Duration of assignment: 2-year contract with the option to be extended
Job Code: ESE-DEU17GFA0064/1
GFA Consulting Group is one of the leading German consulting companies within the framework of international development cooperation. Our core business is providing consulting services as well as managing projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Since 1982, GFA has been active in more than 130 countries. Over the years, the company has continuously expanded the scope of its work which currently includes ten strategic business areas.
In our business area Education, Skills Development and Employment (ESE) we focus on consultancy services related to General Education, Vocational Education and Training, Youth employment as well as Labour Market Reform. Our expertise is sought after worldwide. For more information on GFA please refer to our website www.gfa-group.de.
As we are continuously expanding we are searching for our head office in Hamburg/Germany an open-minded and versatile Consultant (m/f) to join our ESE department.
The Consultant will be responsible for project management, acquisition and strategic business development. He/She should have a sound knowledge and working experience in education and employment related fields.
The duty station will be Hamburg with frequent travel to developing and fragile countries.
Key responsibilities are:
- Leading the acquisition process of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals;
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with clients, partners and sector experts;
- Managing projects and studies (backstopping), on-site and Hamburg-based;
- Conducting technical short-term consultancy missions e.g. for teacher training, career counselling or education service delivery, including participation in feasibility studies and/or evaluations;
- Writing reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications;
- Representing GFA in conferences and seminars;
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Young-Professionals.
- University degree (Postgraduate Certificate/MA or PhD) in Education and/or Education Management or related fields;
- Work experience in Vocational Education and Training or Employment Promotion;
- Experience in cross cutting issues such as youth or education in fragile states is an asset;
- 3 – 5 years relevant international work experience in development cooperation in international organisations or private sector consultancies, at least one year experience in working in a developing country context;
- Practical experience with tender preparation and project implementation under European Commission (EuropeAid) or other bilateral donors (such as GIZ or SDC) procedures is a strong asset;
- Working proficiency in German, English and a third langauage;
- Strong qualities as a team player with an independent mind and a high level of intercultural skills.
GFA offers a future-oriented work place in a multicultural environment with a strong focus on values and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients and partners in the developing world. Career development in GFA is actively promoted and includes opportunities to engage in long-term project work abroad.
Interested candidates should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, work references/certificates) by email to:
Ms Ursula von den Driesch
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Contact Person: Ursula von den Driesch