Consultant: Project Design and Management
MS International Federation
MSIF has been working with the Arab region since 2008 and in the current strategic period (2017-21) is committed to continuing its efforts to strengthen the capacity of MS organisations in the region, which, in turn, will be better able to meet the needs of people affected by MS.
The Country-focused Capacity Building Programme comes under MSIF’s activities in the Arab region.
The key objectives of working with the three Moroccan organisations are:
- Improve the skills and increase the internal capacity of the three Moroccan organisations in common identified areas of need;
- Increase and strengthen communication and cooperation between the three MS organisations in Morocco.
In March 2017 MSIF facilitated a workshop in Rabat attended by the three Moroccan Organisations to help identify the common key area(s) of need. Project design and management was prioritised as one of the areas of work for the Programme.
A period of mentoring and coaching to build the capacity of the three Moroccan organisations in the area of Project design and management. The service will therefore consist of carrying out the following tasks through workshops and follow up calls, Skype, email:
- Training in project management basics (the process - identify objective and activities, budget, timeline, resources and task distribution and responsibilities, project launch and implementation, monitoring and control and closing learnings and evaluation) and the tools that can be used;
- Carrying out of pre and post-tests to assess the increase in knowledge gained from the mentoring and coaching service;
- Working with each of the organisations to identify and plan a relevant project for them to carry out at the local level (including a work plan with steps/details needed to implement the project);
- Providing mentoring/follow up and technical support for each organisation during the design of the agreed projects.
- Identification of the types of projects relevant to all 3 of the organisations and supporting them in agreeing on a joint project (priority will be given to the areas the organisations discussed during the Rabat workshop in March 2017);
- Working with the organisations to design the joint project and allocating tasks according to the skills and the capacity exit in each organisation;
- Providing mentoring/follow up and technical support for each organisation during the design of the agreed project.
- Preparation, in liaison with the MSIF Secretariat and the three Moroccan organisations, of the mentoring service;
- Participation in 1-2 webinar/teleconference/Skype calls prior to the start of the mentoring service with the MSIF Secretariat and the three Moroccan organisations, call charges to be covered by MSIF;
- (offline/online) meeting with the three Moroccan organisations at the start of the service to brief and set a timeline for the period;
- Preparation of all relevant materials required during the service;
- Delivery of the mentoring and coaching service during the period 20 July 2017 and 31 December 2017;
- Participation in around 4 teleconference/Skype calls with the MSIF Secretariat during the service, call charges to be covered by MSIF.
- Increased the three Moroccan organisations’ volunteers understanding in the area of project design and management, and their ability to use project planning tools;
- Results of the volunteers’ pre and post-tests;
- Three individual project plans (in Arabic and/or French) for the three Moroccan organisations to use (including a work plan with steps/details needed to implement the project);
- A joint project plan (in Arabic and French) including tasks allocated according to the skills and the capacity exit in each organisation.
MSIF is seeking consultant(s), currently living and working in Morocco, to carry out a six-month project design and management mentoring and coaching service. This consultancy is open to individuals or a group/team of consultant(s).
The consultant(s) will be required to give a maximum of 20 working days in total (to include material preparation) between 20 July 2017 and 31 December 2017.
It is essential that the consultant/consultancy team has the following skills:
- native Arabic-speaker;
- excellent spoken and written French;
- good spoken and written English is preferred;
- proven work experience in the field of project design and management, strategic planning and NGO capacity building;
- proven experience of working with small/emerging NGOs;
- a good understanding of the Moroccan civil society sector;
- excellent facilitation skills;
- proven experience in training, consulting or on-the-job coaching of NGOs in Morocco and/or the Arab region in the areas of project design and management.