Program Coordinator, Campaigns
AWID - Association for Women's Rights in Development
New Brunswick, Canada
The 16 Days Campaign is implemented in 187 countries among 6000+ organizations, including grassroots/community organizations, International Non-Governmental Organizations (INGOs), national governments and UN agencies. CWGL is the campaign's global coordinator. During its next phase, the campaign will shift its focus from awareness to eradication and launch the campaign in the US, including on college campuses. The campaigner will work closely with CWGL's program team, consultants and global partners. The position reports to the Program Director.
Minimum Education and Experience
Requires a bachelor’s degree in the social sciences and/or the humanities, with expertise in human rights, gender or related field or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience that demonstrates knowledge and understanding of campaigning principles and practices.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with international policy arenas and at least three to five years’ experience working on campaigns;
- Excellent organizational, time management and computer skills required;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in multi-cultural and international settings;
- Solid understanding and experience integrating gender, race and other identities from an intersectional perspective;
- Foundation in transnational feminism with relevant experience in eradicating gender-based violence at the national, regional and/or international levels;
- Excellent writing and communications skills are required, e.g., op-eds, briefs, public speaking and social media;
- Requires frequent domestic and foreign travel;
- Record of taking initiative and following through;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Must be a team player;
- Ability to work within a fast paced environment.
- Master’s degree is preferred;
- International experience and fluency in a foreign language and/or American Sign Language, in addition to the English language preferred;
- Worked internationally on campaigns.