Chief of Party
Winrock International is currently recruiting Chief of Party candidates for the anticipated Feed the Future Mozambique Resilient Agricultural Markets Activity. The goal of this $16 million project is to achieve the reduction of poverty under the Feed the Future Initiative by partnering with local communities and existing NGOs to increase productivity and incomes, while strengthening climate resilience.
The Chief of Party will provide overall technical and operational direction to the project. He/she will be responsible for developing and leading the project's market-focused and private sector-led approach. This will include fostering commercially driven partnerships with private sector actors, designing initiatives to incentivize investment in sustainable sourcing, and facilitating the commercialization and uptake of new technologies. The COP will also provide capacity building to project staff and partners in market systems and facilitation. The COP will also oversee project management systems for finance and administration, logistics, human resources and strategic operation. S/he will ensure the completion of timely reports, evaluations, analyses, assessments, and deliverables that meet USAID and Winrock quality control/assurance standards and provide hands-on guidance and support to project activities and personnel.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Advanced degree in business, finance, agribusiness, agricultural economics or related field.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressively senior experience managing USAID funded market-systems/value chain projects;
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a USAID Chief of Party on an equivalently sized contract or cooperative agreement ($10 million and above);
- Demonstrated experience implementing market systems or value chain activities;
- Proven record of achieving development impact in projects focusing on the formation of market linkages, supply of technical assistance and inputs to smallholder producers, creating producer-market linkages, public-private partnerships, and corresponding business/investment plans;
- Experience within or specific to Mozambique strongly preferred;
- Portuguese language skills strongly preferred.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent leadership and communication skills;
- Excellent budget management skills for large, complex projects.