Regional Manager, Africa Strategy
Creative Associates International
Creative’s Africa Strategy envisions laying the groundwork for Creative’s long-term developmental work in Africa. It articulates specific areas of intervention, identifies priority countries, distinguishes sources of funding, and identifies potential partners (both local and international) in view of positioning the company in the region for new work.
The Regional Manager will contribute to proposal efforts; help Creative, its clients and partners in identifying emerging issues, problems, and solutions in international development; market Creative’s capabilities; maintain sound relationships with USAID Missions in the region and identify experts to support our capture and positioning efforts. He/She will explore opportunities to pursue both prime contracts and subcontracts on appropriate education, democracy and governance, and economic growth projects.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position will be tentatively housed in Accra, Ghana, reporting to the Senior Director, Africa Strategy who is based at Creative’s HQ in Washington, DC.
- Dynamic representation of Creative’s Africa Strategy among clients and critical audiences;
- Unmatched insight into business development opportunities in the region;
- Substantive contribution to capture and proposal efforts; and
- Development of strategic partnerships with local, regional, and international organizations.
- Analyze and address barriers to development across the region;
- Contribute to capture and proposal efforts;
- Support Creative, its clients and partners in identifying emerging issues, problems, and solutions in international development;
- Market Creative;
- Maintain sound relationships with USAID Missions in the region;
- Identify experts to support Creative’s positioning, capture, and proposal efforts;
- Identify potential partners;
- Explore opportunities to pursue both prime contracts and subcontracts on appropriate education, democracy and governance, and economic growth opportunities; and
- Collect business intelligence.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Requires at least a Bachelor’s degree in a field related to international development (e.g. public administration, business administration, etc.);
- At least six years of managerial experience in working with donors in Africa.