Learning and Programme Coordinator
ICVA - International Council of Voluntary Agencies
Main Objectives of the position
- Coordinate ICVA’s work in increasing NGO understanding of the humanitarian sector, policies and processes;
- Coordinate specific key ICVA “Policy Programmes” (ICVA’s programme promoting “NGOs engagement with host governments”, NGOs briefing to Members States in Geneva, Post WHS follow up);
- Support ICVA’s Coordination portfolio’s programmes;
- Support ICVA’s Monitoring and Evaluation process.
- ICVA’s Learning and Programme Coordinator reports to the Director of Programme and Policy;
- She/he works closely with the Senior Policy Officers based in Geneva, the Regional Representatives, and the Information Officer, along with other ICVA team members.
Responsibilities and activities
Coordinate ICVA’s work in increasing NGO understanding of the humanitarian sector, policies and processes:
- Coordinate ICVA’s learning stream programme, aiming at unpacking key humanitarian issues;
- Support the development of “ICVA briefing papers”;
- Coordinate the organization of ICVA’s Annual Conference;
- Develop additional ICVAs tools to increasing NGO understanding of the humanitarian sector;
- As part of ICVA upcoming 2019-2022 strategy, propose and develop future ICVA’s programmes linked to increasing NGO understanding of the humanitarian sector.
Coordinate key ICVA “Policy Programmes”:
- Coordinate and facilitate ICVA’s Programme aiming at promoting NGO engagement with host governments, in close collaboration with ICVA Regional Teams and ICVA Director of Programme and Policy;
- Coordinate regular NGOs briefing to Member States in Geneva with the NGO community;
- Coordinate ICVA engagement in the Post-WHS formal process;
- Support ICVA’s Coordination portfolio’s programmes, under the leadership of Senior Policy Officer – Humanitarian Coordination.
Support ICVA’s Monitoring and Evaluation process:
- Coordinate internal and external processes to evaluate and capture ICVA’s impacts and progress.
- Participate in donor proposal and reporting;
- Support the Director of Programme and Policy in the development of internal management tools;
- In close collaboration with the Information Officer and other team members, contribute to strengthening ICVA communication tools to make ICVA member and other NGO engagement more visible and effective.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Relevant advanced university degree;
- Special training(s) in humanitarian assistance, and/or advocacy, and/or teaching, and/or communication curriculum is a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years’ work experience in the humanitarian sector;
- Experience in humanitarian advocacy or humanitarian communication;
- Experience in organizing and facilitating workshops/webinars;
- Experience in conducting surveys and studies;
- Experience in developing awareness and training tools;
- Experience in writing/coordinating publications;
- Field experience is a plus.
- Good knowledge of the humanitarian sector, humanitarian architecture and global humanitarian issues;
- Understanding of NGO contribution to the humanitarian sector.
Competencies and skills:
- High analytical skills;
- High capacity of synthesis;
- Strong pedagogic skills;
- Proven ability to work autonomously;
- Proven ability to work in a team;
- Proven ability to work under pressure and be flexible, including the ability to cope with deadlines, multiple tasks, and competing and changing demands;
- Quick analytical thinker who understands contextual developments and is able to make the links with (potential) implications for ICVA;
- Dynamism and sense of humor;
- Fluency in English and excellent writing skills;
- Good command of French is a plus.