Girls' Education Program Associate
Room to Read
Prey Veng, Cambodia
The Girl’s Education Program Associate (GEP PA) will be responsible for carrying out all activities for Room to Read’s Girls’ Education Program including surveying, program implementation, program visit and follow up, monitoring, training and program reporting. This position will involve frequent travel to assigned Room to Read province of assigned targets, as well as regular interaction with students and teachers, school directors, POE and DOE officials for implementing the Program. The position will report to the Girls’ Education Program Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the implementation of collecting application and selection process of Girls’ Education (GEP) girls. Evaluates application received, conducts home interviews and makes recommendations for final selection;
- Conducts program orientation to girls, parents and stakeholders on GEP selection so that they are fully aware of program objectives and are supportive to program activities;
- Conducts meetings and provides coaching to scholarship girls to monitor their progress, inspires them towards academic success, dealing with family issues and other issues as they may arise;
- Gathers statistics (attendance, grades, dropout rate, etc) and information for the girls’ scholarship yearbook on an annual basis;
- Organizes and coordinates award ceremonies, educational camping, and other extracurricular activities at all target schools;
- Supervises the work of Social Mobilizer (SM) such as meeting, provides coaching and day-to-day guidance, ensuring that SM provides update/report on status, well-being and schooling performance of girls;
- Conducts randomly regular home visit to meet with parents face to face and discuss on general situation or concerns that may affect to the scholar’s study. This can also ensure and monitor the quality of SM performance from day to day at the village level;
- Visits or conducts meeting with the schools or educational institutions as required in order to follow up on the girls’ performance and progress;
- Organizes and coordinates the distribution of academic materials to girls;
- Supports supervisor in preparing GEP program reports by filling the Spreadsheet Format: monthly progress report, quarterly provision of information for updating Global Solution Database (GSD), girls’ year book report;
- Delivers training to girls, communities on specific topics assigned or discussed with supervisor;
- Gathers training documents and submits to supervisor on quarterly basics;
- Documents best practices which observed during field visits and meeting;
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisors.
- Establishes and manages relationships with other NGOs, government officials at district and provincial level and local educational authorities;
- Attends donors’ affairs including hosting donor site visits and documenting anecdotes that evolves through field work.
- Bachelor Degree in Sociology, Psychology, Education Management, and or English;
- Minimum 2-3 year of relevant experience such as community engagement and development;
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with youth and children in a formal or non-formal educational setting such as training, coaching, mentoring and problem solving;
- Good verbal speaking and written communication skills in English and Khmer;
- Computer literacy: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet and Email;
- Ability to travel to target schools using motorbike.
- Prior experience living and/or working in rural areas especially at desired target areas;
- High commitment and trustworthy;
- Prior experience working with schools, teachers, administrators and government officials;
- Attend the training course on Psycho-social, Human Rights, Conflict resolution, Prevention of Domestic Violence;
- Knowledge in basic project management, budgeting, and administration/finance;
- Ability to travel frequently to provinces and working in the field.
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization;
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change;
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness;
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration;
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.