Arlington, VA, United States
The Program Manager will provide management support to specific overseas programs and field staff and supervise junior staff at HQ to ensure provision of timely resources and technical direction to execute the work plan. The Program Manager will support the Director of Blumont International by overseeing program progress and writes substantial reports on program implementation for donor and HQ leadership. Additionally s/he provides business development assistance and technical assistance in the capture, design, and drafting of new program proposals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops effective working relationships with Blumont International donors;
- Directs HQ and field technical activities for project start up and close-out. Briefs the field team on the proposal, technical approach, strategy and resulting work plan;
- Mentors new team members on Blumont policies and procedures;
- Supervises contract financial performance and budget management, oversees project start-ups, implementation, and closeout as well as final report preparation, and ensures prompt resolution of implementation problems;
- Supervises, develops, mentors, coaches and evaluates the assigned project management team;
- Tasks staff in a manner which supports project goals, timelines and budgets. Ensures staff receives regular performance feedback, and provides time and opportunity to grow and develop in key areas;
- Supervises recruitment of project staff consistent with Blumont policies, job descriptions, and position qualifications and selection of candidates;
- Enforces Blumont policies and procedures andconsistently applies the same throughout all program phases;
- Provides technical expertise in order to fulfill project’s technical goals and objectives, new business efforts, and assists with all related Blumont efforts. Serves as the technical lead for proposal efforts when needed for any Blumont entity as may be assigned;
- When required, undertakes a leadership role in proposal development, capture planning, and conceptualizing teaming, technical approaches, solutions, and cost strategies to maximize competitive advantage; and may be tasked to perform other duties as assigned;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Advanced degree in business management, public administration, international relations, public health, or a related field; minimum of 7 years of project management experience; demonstrated experience with track record of delivering projects on time and within budget;
- Contract management and reporting skills including tracking subcontracts, sub grants and consultants’ agreements;
- Ability to support and monitor projects within budget and time constraints;
- Team-focused with the ability to interact with diverse colleagues and facilitate strong working relationships between partners; adept at working closely with others over geographical distance;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; diplomacy in communicating with a broad and diverse audience;
- Arabic/French language capability preferred;
- Experience managing DFID and UN funded projects preferred;
- Ability to travel up to 25% time annually;
- Experience developing program reports, work plans, and budgets;
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external clients.
- Ability to solve complex technical, managerial or operational problems and evaluate options based on relevant information, resources, well-rounded experience, and knowledge;
- Ability to operate at advanced levels of authority and control significant activities, budgets and resources to produce and take responsibility for results;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;Responsive to changing demands with strong leadership and team-building skills, forward thinking, and a strong initiative;
- Ability to work well under pressure and successfully handle multiple tasks at once.