Program Manager, Program Quality & Growth
CRS - Catholic Relief Services
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Reference number: I3598
CRS/Burkina Faso's current programming focuses on
- Resilience programming which incorporates WASH, mother & child health and nutrition, agriculture and livestock production and livelihoods development;
- Promotion of enrollment, attendance, and quality primary and pre-primary education for girls and boys;
- Development of key agricultural value chains;
- Emergency response as needed.
The CP Program Quality & Growth (PQG) will support current programming quality with a focus on reporting, learning and information sharing. The PQG will also play a key role in business development efforts, leading pre-positioning and proposal development efforts. S/he will provide direct support to strategic growth opportunities as well as helping to strengthen BD-related systems, efforts, relationships and staff capacities in Burkina Faso.
The PQG will work closely with the HoP to support high-quality program implementation including maintaining and developing partner and donor relationships, budget management, reporting, staff development and monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL).
- Coordinate the timely and accurate submission of internal and external reports, including reviewing, translating, and, as necessary, writing of reports, communications materials and briefing documents;
- Act as Justice & Peace focal point for country program: organize trainings with church partners, follow up on the Country Program's SILC private service providers' social cohesion pilot;
- Support the management and review of various small project budgets;
- Support the MEAL Assistant to develop and implement the Country Program's annual learning agenda;
- Relationships and Coordination;
- Support HoP to plan & hold programming meetings, keeping track of points of interest from the Programming team and identifying opportunities for common learning, information-sharing and exchange;
- Coordinate responses to information requests from region & HQ, maintain programming calendar of trainings & other events;
- Coordinate certain programming trainings;
- Assist with preparation and accompaniment of donor and HQ visits.
With a core function of identifying opportunities and supporting the production of high quality applications for donor funding, this position will work closely with the BD Specialist to provide specialized assistance across the BD cycle.
- Support strategic growth planning;
- Promote the development and strengthening of program strategies to position CRS for upcoming funding opportunities;
- Help develop and maintain key relationships with donors, collaborating organizations, and private sector actors with an eye toward opportunity identification, shared value creation, strategic alliance formation, and global brand positioning;
- Research, analyze and plan for new funding opportunities, competitive intelligence, and CRS' competitive positioning on a continuous basis within the marketplace in a timely manner;
- Support effective internal communication and information management processes to ensure access and use of BD information by relevant stakeholders within the agency;
- Support the country program's functional teams to develop appropriate and effective fundraising and positioning strategies involving donor research and intelligence, product development, marketing, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, as needed.
Capture Planning and Proposal Development
- Provide BD skill and capacity to support and/or lead teams in opportunity analysis, capture planning, proposal preparation (includes proposal development budget, human resource needs, proposal development timeline, coordination with the Region and HQ, partner management, etc.), proposal development, proposal review, and after action review;
- Support the design, implementation, analysis, and documentation of assessments;
- Support the country team to manage proposal processes, often as the Proposal Coordinator and/or Lead Writer, to ensure timely submission of high quality proposals that are responsive to and compliant with donor requirements and with CRS technical application and cost application standards. This includes coordinating review timelines with Regional and Headquarters'-based staff, support personnel recruitment, budget development, non-technical proposal writing, and/or editing/packaging as part of proposal team;
- Provide internal reviews of technical and cost applications prepared by other staff, reviewing for clarity, responsiveness, presentation, and compliance, in coordination with the BD Specialist, HoP and Finance Officer.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity;
- Models Stewardship;
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships;
- Promotes Learning.
- Sets clear goals and manages toward them;
- Collaborates effectively with staff and stakeholders;
- Manages financial resources with integrity;
- Applies program quality standards to project design and organizational learning.
- Master's degree in international development or related field;
- Minimum 3 years of directly relevant professional experience in CRS or a similar organization;
- Strong capacity in project design, project management and MEAL;
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and managing people and processes under tight deadlines;
- Experience with CRS programming approaches, standards and tools preferred;
- Experience and proven track record of successful proposal development with USG and other donor agencies;
- Strong analytical and information management skills;
- Self-motivated, with strong interpersonal, networking, and representation skills;
- Strong team leadership, process facilitation, and time management skills;
- Service-oriented attitude and approach;
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English (high standard of spoken and written English essential to job performance) and advanced in written and spoken French;
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint;
- Ability and willingness to work and live in diverse, challenging and potentially unstable environment.