Project Director I
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Project Director for an anticipated project that aims to create employment opportunities by supporting an increase in Tunisian handicraft exports. The Project Director oversees the leadership team of the project, directs administrative and operational support, and manages the relationships with the client and all stakeholders. Additionally, he/she works to ensure successful implementation of the program by managing the resources, personnel, communications strategy, and the processes and protocols of the project in full compliance with FHI 360 requirements. The position will be based in Tunis, Tunisia and is contingent upon receiving award.
- Provide direction and oversight to technical and administrative aspects of the program in service of meeting and exceeding the program objectives;
- Ensure project achieves high quality results in accordance with the targets identified in the Results Monitoring Plan. Ensure program quality according to FHI 360 standards including quality assurance and quality improvement initiatives;
- Serves as the Department of State’s principal point of contact for procedural and substantive matters;
- Lead interaction with the U.S. Embassy, other development partners and other public/private stakeholders such as the Government of Tunisia (GoT), Ministry of Tourism, NGOs, and CSOs;
- Oversee production of timely and accurate technical reports and presentations to FHI 360 and USAID as required, at a minimum each quarter;
- Monitor work plan activities; ensures appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations; coordinates partner efforts in program implementation; ensure appropriate program monitoring and reporting;
- Oversee a grants program to help beneficiary communities address service delivery issues, implement workable solutions and comply with all donor and FHI 360 regulations and policies;
- Ensuring timeliness, cost and quality of all activities performed;
- Overseeing the preparation of annual work plans that identify key objectives, responsible staff, deliverables and potential roadblocks;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Proven skills in working collaboratively with host country counterparts at the national and provincial levels;
- Minimum five-year proven track record of leadership, management, project implementation of similar activities and successfully delivering expected outcomes;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong writing skills, and a proven track record of collaboration with multiple public/private stakeholders;
- Strong understanding of policy-making and investment planning;
- Strong skills in operating cross-culturally;
- Experienced operating in a variety of less technologically advanced market environments;
- Proven skills in mentoring, leadership and networking;
- Ability to manage and complete numerous tasks with a high degree of organization and limited resources;
- Experience of proactively identifying risk, addressing issues and appropriately communicating these to the project staff and USAID;
- Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different organizations and cultures;
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality;
- Excellent English oral and written communication;
- Ability to travel within country or region and internationally if needed.
- Advanced degree in Economics, Education, Arts and Sciences, Humanities, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field;
- At least 5-8 years of demonstrated excellence in a senior level technical advisor and leadership position, preferably in an international development context;
- Previous experience in Tunisia is strongly preferred.
- Advanced Degree in Economics, Education, Arts and Sciences, Humanities, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field;
- Demonstrated experience in multi-sector project management and implementation;
- Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience;
- Demonstrated talent management, strategic planning, performance management, staff development, and capacity building experience;
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and national/international in scope;
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; proficiency in Arabic and French is preferred;
- Experience operating in insecure environments;
- Experience working in a non-governmental organization (NGO);
- Experience working with Government of Tunisia (GoT), Ministry of Tourism.