Chicago, United States
iMentor is seeking dynamic and committed professionals to serve as a Program Director (PD) who will be responsible for the quality and effectiveness of the iMentor program at 4-5 schools, managing up to 10 Program Managers (PMs), who collectively support up to 900 mentor-mentee pairs. The PDs primary responsibility will be to ensure that the PMs provide high-impact college access-related case management support, and effective and engaging curriculum facilitation designed to develop student’s college readiness and success. Through focused classroom and event observations, descriptive feedback, partnership development and continued assessment and evaluation, the PD will support PMs in implementing a high-quality program and that our pairs achieve the relationship-building and curricular outcomes we desire.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in coaching and managing staff in an educational or youth services environment, managing toward results, and have a strong interest in assessment and differentiated models of instruction. This role requires an organized and thoughtful leader with a deep passion for iMentor’s curricular goals and outcomes, a proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and a talent for inspiring direct reports to reach ambitious and results-driven goals. The can will have a proven ability to anticipate challenges, solve problems, and maintain a calm demeanor in high-pressure situations.
- Manage a team of 8-10 Program Managers at 4-5 schools serving up to 900 mentor – mentee pairs;
- Cultivate a high-achievement, results-driven environment that supports the implementation of iMentor’s model and effectively meets programmatic outcomes and strategic vision;
- Ensure PMs are effectively executing the iMentor curriculum at partner sites; utilizing lesson plan structure, communicating effectively with each other and school; staff, completing all necessary preparation to execute class sessions and monthly pair events, facilitating with enthusiasm and rigor;
- Ensure PMs are effectively coaching and supporting their cohort of mentors and mentees through targeted interventions and consistent communication;
- Work closely with the Deputy Director in Chicago to deepen our relationships with school partners by instituting formal strategies for integrations, develop high-leverage relationships with school leaders and staff;
- Work with group of peer PDs and other departments to aggregate and share best practices and strategies across sites and team members;
- Manage a Grade Team of PMs across the program to facilitate understanding of and collaboration on the curriculum for a particular grade;
- Provide overall management, structure and guidance to PMs in the review and development of quality and performance;
- Based on regular observation and formative assessment data, provide differentiated, targeted support to PMs to improve facilitation and case management;
- Develop strategies to coach PM on implementing and ensuring engagement of iMentor’s program model at a diverse set of sites with unique needs;
- Contribute to and collaborates with Deputy Director, Executive Director, and Senior Director of Corporate and Community Engagement;
- Support iMentor organization-wide initiatives, requiring occasional evening and/or weekend events.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience preferred, 7+ required, including at least 4 years of staff management experience;
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful and persistent with demonstrated success managing and inspiring individuals and teams toward ambitious, measurable results;
- Experience and fluency in the goals and best practices of the college access and success field;
- Strong preference for an individual with previous teaching experience and/or coaching professionals in an educational setting;
- Exceptional communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with a wide range of people and work styles;
- Experience implementing systems and is able to proactively identify need, think through options and intervene when necessary;
- Proven ability to motivate and engender buy-in regarding programmatic outcomes;
- A strong preference for experience working with historically under-served youth and under-resourced communities;
- Ability to operate within a defined system or model, yet demonstrate appropriate problem-solving skills and creativity;
- Skilled in quantitative analysis (reporting, forecasting), planning, and project management;
- Aligned in thought and action with iMentor's values;
- Views differences between individuals (race, gender, age, cultural heritage, physical ability, education and lifestyle) as an asset and demonstrates an appreciation of the diversity within iMentor;
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Employment is contingent upon the completion of a satisfactory fingerprinting and criminal background check.