Economics & Policy Analyst
EDF - Environmental Defense Fund
New York, United States
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Office of Economic Policy and Analysis the Economics & Policy Analyst will be a key team member in the Office of Economic Policy and Analysis team, conducting research and analysis for a breadth of environmental topics.
- Assist with timely in-house economic analyses for Office of Economic Policy and Analysis staff, the EDF executive team, and other programs throughout the organization;
- Compiling and analyzing data, applying models, designing scenarios and producing research reports and briefings;
- Building and maintaining databases of information on a variety of topics including emissions, energy demand and supply, and macroeconomic indicators;
- Help write white papers and academic papers summarizing research for a broader audience, along with public communications including testimonies, presentations, Op-Ed pieces, and blog posts;
- Prepare information to respond to inquiries from a variety of stakeholders;
- Work with communications staff to maintain up-to-date information on websites;
- In conjunction with development staff, participates in developing funding proposals and interim reports, when appropriate;
- Apply excellent organizational, communication, and planning skills in preparing correspondence and reports, responding to requests for information, and helping to coordinate activities among staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in economics, environment and energy policy, or a closely related field. Knowledge of environmental and energy policies a strong plus;
- Excellent research and analytic skills and an interest in performing rigorous analysis in support of highly visible work;
- Willingness to take initiative and able to multi-task under tight deadlines;
- Ability to work independently, or with supervision, to manage research projects and participate in research efforts, ensuring consistency and quality of research products;
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and statistical analysis softwares;
- Knowledge of G.I.S. and programming languages such as R and Matlab a plus;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience;
- Ability to work independently and to support a multi-disciplinary team, using independent judgment required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload.