Food Security and Livelihoods Program Manager - Haiti
We’re searching for a Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Program Manager will be responsible for planning and implementing FSL project activities in Grand Anse, Haiti as part of our ongoing Hurricane Matthew response. Do you have experience with recovery and livestock programs? Are you a visionary who can manage budgets, proposals, and staff members?
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Provide overall leadership, day-today, management and guidance to the teams on various aspects of the livelihoods;
- Create and train farmer groups on appropriate agricultural techniques and livestock management practices;
- Monitor the distributed livestock to ensure health and proper care is maintained;
- Coordinate and liaise with partner agencies such as FAO, WFP, Heifer International, Government Agricultural and Production departments, and other NGOs;
- Develop appropriate targeting criteria and mechanisms to ensure the needs of identified vulnerable groups are met;
- Analyze and report the humanitarian needs and provide strategic recommendations for intervention;
- Manage project finances and assets ensuring proper stewardship of donor resources;
- Implement budget management and control systems;
- Guide staff in design and development of annual agriculture and livestock proposals;
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers;
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public;
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
We ask that you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in veterinary, agronomy or related field. Masters is strongly preferred;
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred;
- Five to seven years related work experience in this type of role is required;
- Experience in managing budgets, staff, and proposals;
- Competent in applying best practices in monitoring and evaluation;
- Demonstrated writing skills, specifically in reports and proposals;
- Overseas experience preferred;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and French. Haitian Creole is preferred.