Chief of Party
Creative Associates International
The Chief of Party will be responsible for overall project management, quality and timeliness of deliverables, external representation, and coordination with USAID COR. S/he will be responsible for establishing an office in Afghanistan, recruiting Core Staff, and managing a network of qualified professionals to serve as short term technical advisors. The Chief of Party will provide strategic vision for managing the Activities and will ensure the quality of work and compliance with contractual obligations and results, and will be responsible for the quality and performance of work that is sub-contracted to other partners.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Chief of Party will report to a Project Director based in Washington, DC.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Advanced degree in education, international development, or other relevant area;
- At least 10 years of experience in international work with increasing responsibility, of which at least 5 years’ experience in workforce development, youth development, or private enterprise development;
- Experience managing programs with stronger focus on TVET and entrepreneurship or apprenticeship and occupational/functional literacy
- Experience managing programs in Afghanistan or similar development contexts;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and manage challenging projects with public and private sector stakeholders;
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, technical and analytical skills, including an ability to interact effectively with government counterparts and private sector executives.