IRD - International Relief and Development
The Livelihoods Officer will report to the Director of Governance and will play a pivotal role in providing technical and management support to SESII activities on facilitating sustainable livelihoods interventions with Local Councils and partner CSOs/NGOs.
- Ensure that projects are designed with agricultural technology focus aimed at creating self-sufficiency, as well as enhancing the food security status of farmers’ households/local communities in Syria;
- Ensure that the agricultural potential in the region is assessed with an aim of improving on the existing systems and water management practices for increased crop production and farm productivity;
- Responsible for technical management of the Livelihood SESII interventions through remote management. This includes designing livelihood activities which will be implemented for local Councils and/or CSO partners;
- Identify and design interventions that link the restoration of essential services with livelihood opportunities for community stability;
- Develop technical training modules for support to livelihood activities;
- Support economic livelihoods and capacity building activities for partner communities;
- Facilitate stakeholder engagements with critical development stakeholders;
- Build up the capacity of project team on skill based innovative sustainable livelihood community models.
Required Education & Experience
- BA in Agriculture Economics or Agriculture/or related field;
- Minimum three (5+) years of experience in same position.
- Professional technical skill desired training in Agriculture;
- Experience with sustainable livelihood and food security programs;
- Knowledge of income generating activities (IGAs), small and micro enterprises (SMEs), agricultural and livestock production marketing and value chains and cash based interventions;
- Experience with international donors and/or other international organizations preferred;
- Fluent in verbal and written communication in both English and Arabic;
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues. Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment;
- Must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours;
- Tactfulness, enthusiasm towards assigned tasks, good human relationship skills, integrity, honesty, and the ability to work under pressure to accomplish work tasks within assigned time periods;
- Good communication skills, Strong team player with high team spirit and positive attitude.