Project Implementation Specialist - Guatemala
IFES - International Foundation for Electoral Systems
The Project Implementation Specialist will report to the Guatemala Resident Director and coordinate with the HQ Senior Program Manager. S/he will provide administrative oversight and support to the Resident Country Director. S/he will oversee local administrative and financial staff and will be responsible for contracting local consultants. In addition, s/he will be responsible for collecting and analyzing project data and metrics and articulating this information in project reports and other communication products.
- Assist the COP in ensuring timely execution of project activities within the allocated budget, and strategic development and implementation.
- Oversee specific project activities as directed by the COP and provide technical input as needed.
- Serve as the IFES representative to USAID, US Embassy staff, donors, CEPPS partners, etc. on a variety of issues when the COP is not available.
- Liaise with the IFES HQ office when necessary.
- Supervise in-country local support staff and consultants; this includes providing feedback on performance.
- Oversee program management, administration, finances, budgeting, and reporting
- Oversee any necessary procurement in accordance with IFES policies and USAID rules and regulations.
- Ensure that donor-specified reporting requirements are met.
- Prepare papers, reports, briefings, programmatic work, as needed
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, donors and partners, as instructed by the Country Resident Director.
- Manage the project's monitoring and evaluation plan and oversee data collection and reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in international development, public policy, administration, or related field. Masters' preferred.
Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in international development, preferably in democracy and governance programming. Minimum of 4 years of experience with USAID and non-US-funded activities in related program area. Familiarity with political, economic, and social context in Guatemala. Knowledge of election administration and operations and experience working with elections management bodies.
Related Skills or Knowledge:
Experience with financial tracking, forecasting and Microsoft Excel-based spreadsheets. Demonstrated leadership, national staff management, project administration and financial management skills. Thorough knowledge of USAID and non-US financial regulations and contract compliance requirements. Detailed oriented and organized.