Chief of Party - Uganda SDS
Project Overview and Role
Palladium is currently recruiting for an anticipated USAID-funded program in Uganda focused on strengthening decentralization in the social sectors.
- Provide strategic technical leadership for the project;
- Serve as Palladium's representative to USAID, Government of Uganda, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Local Government, NGOs, community stakeholders, and other in-country partners;
- Responsible for ensuring the timely communication with and reporting to USAID/Uganda;
- Ensure that the project activities are meeting client and stakeholder expectations;
- Responsible for the overall planning, implementation and management of the project, including financial management;
- Develop and implement annual program work and performance milestone plans and negotiate an agreement of those plans with USAID, subcontractors and other stakeholders;
- Responsible for oversight and direction to all long- and short-term personnel hired by the project;
- Represent the project on behalf of Palladium in national, regional, and global meetings.
- Masters degree in international development, public health, business administration, or related degree;
- At least 10 years of experience in designing, managing and evaluating large-scale international development projects, with at least 5 years' experience in a senior level management position;
- Technical expertise in governance (particularly decentralization), health systems strengthening, and/or service planning or delivery;
- Demonstrated experienced in institution strengthening (particularly for local government) and capacity development;
- Knowledge of national issues impacting public sector service delivery;
- Experience working as a COP for USG-funded project is highly desirable with proven capacity to effectively manage staff and project funds;
- Demonstrated professional excellence in program management including experience in the following: client relationship management, developing program work plans, developing program budgets, managing program implementation, and managing technical assistance teams;
- Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders;
- Strong knowledge of USAID administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems;
- Must have strong oral and written communication and presentation skills in English;
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications;
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently within Uganda.