Education Senior Specialist/Specialist - CEC
IDB - Inter-American Development Bank
Job ID: 1600003815
The IDB seeks a professional with technical knowledge in education and strong project management to work in the Bank’s Country Office in Ecuador to contribute to lead the policy dialogue, design, supervise, monitor and support lending operations and technical cooperation. The individual will work closely with a team of specialists and analysts in Headquarters and in the country office. The position is based in Quito, Ecuador.
In collaboration with staff in the Division of Education (SCL/EDU) in headquarters located in Washington, DC, the Education Specialist will contribute to:
- Maintain very close collaboration with executing units to support program planning and subsequent implementation by applying project management tools and methods.
- Provide technical support and input in the identification, development and implementation of IDB education sector projects, programs, studies or main activities in Ecuador.
- Participate in the preparation of knowledge products related to the education sector in Ecuador, with moderate complexity or scope.
- Lead the dialogue with the Government of Ecuador, donors and other actors active in education reform.
- Collaborate with education specialists in other Latin American countries, to ensure that the most up-to-date knowledge on education policy and practice is applied in all Bank-financed operations and activities in Ecuador.
- Liaise with international and local technical and financing partners to advance the Bank’s mission and the objectives of the Education Division as laid out in its Sector Framework Document for Education and Early Childhood Development.
- Work effectively as a member of multidisciplinary team and coordinate work within and beyond the Division of Education.
- Candidates must hold a Master’s Degree or PhD (preferred) in Education, Economics, Public Administration, Sociology, or other relevant sector.
- A minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience in the education sector in developing countries, and the promotion, programming, design, financing, supervision, execution and evaluation of education projects. Experience with education projects in post-disaster areas is a plus.
- Oral and written fluency in English and Spanish required, French/Portuguese desired.
- Technical Sector Dialogue: Engages in policy dialogue based on solid knowledge of the sector, development challenges of client countries, and IDB policies, strategies and guidelines.
- Sector Development: Takes action to promote sector priorities based on country and regional needs and key IDB priorities
- Economic and Sector Work: Develops and applies economic and/or sector analytic work to support the preparation of country, sector and regional strategies and country dialogue, loan operations and technical assistance programs.
- Project Analysis and Design: Conceptualizes, prepares and participates in the approval of projects and programs (loans and technical cooperation), in coordination with other team members and the respective authorities.
- Change Management: Formulates and implements integrated change proposals to contribute to the education sector modernization and transformation in borrowing countries.
- Project Supervision: Effectively supports the execution of projects and programs to maximize their results.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Designs and implements effective monitoring and evaluation methodologies for projects and programs.
- Knowledge Management and Dissemination: Effectively shares and disseminates economic/sector knowledge and learning experience to enhance the relevance of the IDB to borrowing countries and the region.
- Collaboration, Teamwork and Inclusion: Works cooperatively with others independent of background (e.g., gender, ethnic origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, background, perspective) or organizational role, and takes a team-based and inclusive approach to projects and decision making.
- Innovation and Creativity: Develops imaginative ideas and solutions through creativity, experimentation and critical thinking.
- Communication and Influence: Communicates effectively and leverages relationships and strategies to influence others.
- Client Focus: Understands client needs and provides services that meet their expectations for quality and performance; meets the Bank’s expectations for ethical behavior.