FHI 360 seeks a Country Director for an anticipated Livelihoods Activity in Syria which aims to increase the resilience of chronically vulnerable households and communities, leading in the long term to a reduction in need for humanitarian assistance, as well as reduced poverty, household hunger, and acute malnutrition.
- Provide overall program leadership, management, quality control, timeliness of deliverables, and technical direction while ensuring compliance with USAID requirements, U.S. government regulations, and FHI 360 policies and procedures;
- Liaise with the USAID Mission, CSOs, government stakeholders, private sector, and other local partners to coordinate activities and facilitate monitoring and reporting of program objectives and achievements;
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate program adjustments;
- Manage and supervise the work of program personnel, subcontractors, and grantees, with a focus on core results, achievement of work plan and targets, and timely implementation.
- Masters Degree (Advanced degree preferred) or its International Equivalent - Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Human Development, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field;
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience leading agriculture and/or food security projects;
- Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures;
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of overseas experience including at least 5 years in a senior management position;
- Demonstrated experience or technical expertise in livelihoods or community-led development approaches;
- Experience recruiting, forming, and successfully managing teams and ensuring the quality of their products;
- Ability to lead multidisciplinary teams while developing a common vision;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.