Chief of Party, Francophone West Africa
Job ID: 702
We are currently seeking Chief of Party candidates for upcoming opportunities in Francophone West Africa aimed at reducing poverty by raising farmer incomes through private sector-led agribusiness development.
- Provide overall leadership management and general technical direction for the entire project;
- Identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments;
- Monitor and approve overall project allocations and expenditures;
- Ensure achievement of monitoring and evaluation plan targets;
- Maintain strong relationships with home office, donor personnel, partners and collaborators, and any other associated stakeholder;
- Represent ACDI/VOCA and the project to the public and donor community.
- Master’s degree in agribusiness, agronomy, agricultural economics or another related field is required;
- Minimum of 10 years of overseas experience in international development, with at least 3 years’ COP experience managing a multidisciplinary team in developing country is required;
- Technical field work in program design/implementation OR extension, farmer training, irrigated agriculture is required;
- Experience in West Africa highly preferred;
- Fluency in French required;
- Demonstrated proficiency in people and project management, strategic planning, and monitoring and evaluation is required.