Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
The United States Agency for International Development in Malawi (USAID/Malawi) intends to issue a Request for Proposal (RFP) for the implementation of “Assess the Learners” (YESA) Activity.
The primary purpose of this activity is to create a multi-level monitoring and evaluation system for the National Reading Programme to assist the Government of Malawi’s (GoM’s) efforts to improve the reading skills of Malawian students nationwide. The activity must achieve the following objectives:
- National Reading Assessment instituted;
- Universal school–level utilization of assessment strategies and techniques for reading and school management instituted;
- Community-level capacity for the performance and informed use of reading assessments instituted; and
- Integration of reading assessments into National Reading Program and MOEST Policies and Practices instituted.
- Oversee the development and implementation of robust monitoring, evaluation and learning systems and processes;
- Collaborate with and build the capacity and systems of local partners and government stakeholders;
- Develop MEL tools and approaches to test theories of change, monitor fidelity of implementation, and generate learning through implementation;
- Ensure high standards of data quality and data management, including geo-referencing;
- Coordinate closely with third-party evaluators regarding data and observation needs;
- Implement adaptive management strategies, including customizing appropriate tools to assess risks, understand the dynamic context in Malawi, and provide information for program managers that will enable them to be flexible and adapt to changing conditions;
- Adapt monitoring tools for formative and summative evaluation use and ensure that tools are built into government systems as much as possible.
- A Master’s Degree in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) field;
- 8 (eight) years of experience working in M&E sector out of which at least 5 (five) years of experience with ME&L for reading assessments and analysis;
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing a monitoring, evaluation and learning systems of broadly comparable scale and scope to that required for YESA;
- At least 5 (five) years demonstrated experience in relevant data collection and processing methodologies, and with regard to ensuring data quality and demonstrating increased level of responsibility.