Chief of Party
Chemonics seeks a chief of party for an anticipated five year USAID maternal and newborn health (MNH) project in Indonesia. This flagship project aims to improve essential MNH services, particularly for the poorest and most vulnerable, through a total market approach that leverages resources and catalyzes stakeholders across all sectors. The ideal candidate will have senior-level manager experience working on international donor-funded health programs and leading a diverse team, with a track record in health systems strengthening and focus on maternal and neonatal health. Qualified Indonesians are strongly encouraged to apply. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall strategic leadership, supervision, and project management;
- Ensure contractual compliance and provide quality assurance on project activities and deliverables;
- Represent the project and build connections with key stakeholders, beneficiaries, and international donors;
- Manage technical oversight of all local subcontractors, grantees, and short-term technical consultants;
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and professional development support to staff.
- Advanced degree in health or relevant field;
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible international development experience designing, managing, and implementing health or similar programs;
- Experience working on donor-funded health systems strengthening programs in Southeast Asia; experience in Indonesia preferred;
- Strong communications skill and proven success cultivating and maintaining working relationship with a broad range of governmental and nongovernmental actors and institutions across sectors;
- Ability to oversee project compliance with contractual and administrative requirements, with support from the home office;
- Experience managing dynamic international and local teams;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Fluency in English required: Bahasa Indonesia language skills preferred.