Manager, Educational Programming
WE seeks an Educational Programming Manager to join our WE Schools Department which develops and implements unique programming to engage youth in learning about social issues and taking action to support WE’s sustainable community development work overseas as well as its local programming. The Educational Programming Manager will support the Associate Director and Director in management of operations and strategy of educational programs put forth by WE. The educational programming department develops and implements innovative programming that engages youth in learning about important social issues and taking action (raising funds and awareness) in support of WE’s community development work overseas, as well as other local issues.
Team and Stakeholder Management
- Support, train, and manage a team of WE Schools Coordinators;
- Coordinate and manage school engagement; oversee the growth establishment of the WE Schools Program and WE Schools groups within schools across the United States;
- Ensure high conversion rate and retention of involved stakeholders;
- Represent WE at meetings, conferences, and school presentations;
- Weekly, monthly and semi-annual staff check-in’s and performance based evaluations;
- Creation of strategy and tactics to achieve department vision and annual goals.
Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Co-develop strategies for expansion and increased involvement in WE Schools in new priority markets in the United States;
- Co-develop strategies for retaining WE Day registration in areas of the United States;
- Administer innovative school engagement strategies and campaigns;
- Create leadership opportunities and projects to foster the growth and development of team members.
- Use of internal database and CRM to monitor and track progress, and pull pertinent information as needed for the Associate Director and Director;
- Setting and managing multiple team priorities.
What you bring:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree preferably in Political Science, International Development, Education;
- Understanding of human and children rights issues at locally, nationally and internationally;
- 2+ years relevant work experience and 1+ years’ experience leading and managing a large team;
- Ability to set and manage multiple team priorities;
- Positive attitude and ability to work as a team player;
- Entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in an environment of change;
- Experience working with and/or mentoring children and young people;
- Superior written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent organizational, administrative and inter-personal skills;
- Able to multi-task and make decisions under pressure in a fast work environment;
- Flexible and adaptable when dealing with competing priorities and on tight deadlines;
- Strong knowledge of the American education system an asset;
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and knowledge of databases;
- Valid driver’s license.