Country Director, India
ISC - Institute for Sustainable Communities
New Delhi, India
ISC seeks a motivated and high-potential leader to develop the India country program to further ISC’s goals of reducing GHG emissions and of helping communities adapt to climate change in urban regions and in the manufacturing sector. The Country Director manages ISC’s operations in India including the development and execution of ISC’s technical vision and programming in India, managing India staff, and administrative and financial management of the India program.
In addition to overall leadership of ISC’s activities in India, the Country Director will also lead the development and implementation of the Resilient Manufacturing Communities (RMC) program to transform the way factories and communities work together to manage water resources, assess shared risks, reduce shared vulnerabilities and improve water resilience for all citizens.
Specifically, the Country Director will:
- Lead the development of ISC’s strategic vision for the future of its India programming. Advise the Asia Regional Director and ISC senior management on important opportunities, trends and their potential impact on programs;
- Identify and pursue new partners and programming opportunities in accordance with ISC’s Strategic Direction and Country Plan, including the design of new programs and the development of proposals in coordination with ISC regional and HQ teams;
- Develop and sustain close relationships with program partner organizations, USAID missions, host government officials, private corporations, and a wide range of national and international organizations;
- Provide administrative management, including accounting, finance, and procurement oversight;
- Manage and develop the ISC India team, including recruitment and staff performance management. Supervise a multi-disciplinary team of professionals, maintaining collaborative, team relationships in a fast-paced work environment. Ensure sound office management and efficient work processes;
- Develop annual work plans and prepare regular program reports and documentation;
- Collaborate with ISC’s program managers to design, develop and implement appropriate M&E plan for programs in India.
- An advanced degree in climate policy, urban planning, public administration, community development, environmental management, government or other related political/social science degree and 10+ years of experience;
- Senior-level experience in designing and implementing international programs that present innovative approaches to reducing greenhouse gas emissions, increasing energy efficiency and/or increasing adaptation and resilience;
- Strategic thinker and creative problem-solver with an open and collaborative work style;
- Excellent communication and representation skills, including high-level representation experience in India;
- Experience in working and coordinating with the UN, EU, US, international and national NGOs and government agencies;
- Experience managing public-private partnerships and working with corporations strongly preferred;
- Proven project management skills with experience managing multiple projects;
- Proven analytical, organizational and supervisory skills;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation and data management, preferably in an international development context;
- Fluency in written and spoken English.