Chief of Party - Global Health, Population & Nutrition
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Chief of Party for an upcoming proposal to support countries in achieving desired improvements in health and development outcomes, including increasing demand for family planning (FP) satisfied with modern contraception; ending preventable child and maternal deaths (EPCMD); achieving and maintaining an AIDS-Free Generation (AFG); and achieving a malaria-free world.
The Chief of Party will provide overall direction, thought leadership and management to the Project. S/he will lead the implementation of a complex country-level SBCC programs. S/he will have the leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical expertise and experience, professional reputation, management experience, interpersonal skills and professional relationships to fulfill the diverse managerial and technical requirements as described in the program description.
Availability of this position is contingent upon release of a solicitation by USAID and recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360 and final USAID approval of the candidate. This position will be based in country. The countries are TBD.
- Provide overall vision and leadership for the successful implementation of the project;
- Responsible for managing the implementation and monitoring of country level programs and ensuring achievement of project deliverables;
- Manage development of, and monitors, work plans and budgets; ensure appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations; oversees and coordinates sub-contractor deliverables in program implementation; ensure appropriate program monitoring and reporting;
- Act as liaison between the in country USAID mission, local government stakeholders, donors, and all other relevant stakeholders and client country partners;
- Manage project staffing levels and supervise project staff;
- Other tasks as may be assigned.
- BS/BA in public health or related field required (MPH/MS/MA in public health or related field strongly preferred), and 9 - 11 years’ relevant experience in international development programs, with 5-7 years’ supervisory experience;
- Effectively applies knowledge of SBCC to solve range of problems;
- Multi-sectorial experience in the areas of healthcare, economic development, public health, and education;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID policies, procedures and approaches related to program design/implementation, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation.