Fellow - Project on U.S. Leadership in Development and Project on Prosperity and Development
CSIS - Center for Strategic and International Studies
Washington, D.C., United States
The primary purpose of this position is to perform research and writing for the Project on U.S. Leadership in Development (50 percent) and the Project on Prosperity and Development (50 percent) at CSIS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conducts research as dictated by Program and contributor/donor needs;
- Prepares, edits, and distributes written materials including program studies, conference and meeting reports, journal and newspaper articles, executive summaries, etc.;
- Identifies donors and works with CSIS management in raising funds to support projects, specifically for PPD;
- Works with staff to enhance research and refine proposals into affirmative public policy positions;
- Represents the program on a national/international level and among opinion leaders;
- Authors significant papers.
Knowledge, education, and experience:
- M.A/M.S required in international relations, economics, development, political science, or related field;
- 3-5 years’ experience;
- Understanding of broad trends in international development, including but not limited to governance, rule of law, development finance, and private sector development;
- Ability to independently write research reports, concept papers and proposals, business correspondence, and other written products as needed;
- Must possess strong communication skills including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from constituency groups, media, governmental entities, and the general public;
- Requires knowledge of the way the policy community and Washington operate, as well as U.S. foreign assistance and foreign policy.